We’re here for you. While the library doors may be temporarily closed, we are offering resources to help you stay in, stay healthy and stay connected. Use our curbside service to pick up books and other library materials. Join in our virtual programs, and explore our collection of digital materials and online resources.
Questions About Library Services
What if my items are due?
To provide flexibility in keeping items, materials currently checked out are not due until June 15, 2020. Dates will be adjusted as the situation evolves. All fees incurred during this period will be waived. Electronic materials, such as ebooks and digital audiobooks, will be returned automatically when they are due.
I have a question about my account, library materials or library resources. Is there anyone that can help me?
Library staff are available by phone at 651.275.4338 and email at email@example.com on Mondays through Saturdays from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for assistance. Feel free to leave a message and we will get back to you during our regularly scheduled hours.
Can I apply for a library card?
Washington County residents are welcome to register for a library card by applying online. Upon verification, you’ll get a library card number and pin to access library materials and resources. You may also apply by calling our public services desk at 651-275-4338. Upon verification, you’ll get a library card number and pin number immediately and be able to access online library materials.
What is the status of library programs, events and meetings at the library?
All library programs and events scheduled at the library are canceled through July 19. Meeting space reservations have also been canceled. No future meeting room reservations will be accepted at this time. We are excited to be able to offer virtual programming. Check out our event calendar and join us online!
Can I drop off my materials in the book drop?
The outside book drop is open, but there’s no need to return checked-out materials at this time. We’ve extended the due dates for all currently checked-out materials to June 15, 2020. This includes materials checked out from other libraries through InterLibrary Loan (ILL). The book drop is located just outside the parking ramp exit gate.
Can I continue to place holds?
You can continue to place holds as usual in our catalog. When materials are available, they may be picked up by scheduling an appointment for our curbside service.
Curbside Pick-up of Library Materials
Use our curbside service to pick up books and other materials.
Step 1: Request library materials.
Complete the Book Bundle Request Form or call the library at 651-275-4338 to have library staff select materials for you based on genres (such as Adult Historical Fiction, Children’s Picture Books or Young Adult Nonfiction). You can request AV and magazines too. Please allow two days for staff to complete your request.
Step 2: Schedule a pick-up appointment
- You will get an email when your items are ready. Stillwater is utilizing a different pick-up process than Washington County so please use the following instructions when your materials are ready.
- After receiving the notification, complete the online form to schedule a pick-up.
- Pick-up service is available from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays.
- Staff may contact you to arrange an alternate date if we cannot accommodate your initial request because of demand.
- Pick-up must be scheduled at least one day in advance. No materials will be available for same-day pick-up.
Step 3: Pick-up your items during your appointment time
- Pick-up will be in the library’s parking ramp on Third Street.
- Please pull into the ramp and follow the signage. Materials will be placed in bags on tables arranged alphabetically by last name. Find the bag that is designated with the first four letters of your last name and the last four digits of your library card number.
- Please check the last four numbers of your library card prior to pick-up to help identify your materials.
- To ensure appropriate social distancing, we ask that only one patron is out of a vehicle at a time. Based on CDC recommendations, we encourage patrons to wear cloth face coverings when in this public space.
What if I am unable to access the library parking ramp?
We will have a Third Street entrance pick-up option available for patrons that are unable to access the parking ramp. Pick-up will be from 10:00-11:00 AM on Wednesdays or Fridays. If you need this service, please complete the online form and indicate this under the Pick-Up Time option. The pick-ups are limited at this entrance so please help us keep these times available to those needing this service.
Staff are following safety precautions while delivering these services including social distancing, isolating returned materials for 3 days, wearing gloves, frequently washing hands, and staying home while sick. We encourage library customers to follow CDC guidance and take similar precautions for themselves.
Library Resources You Can Access From Home
- Download ebooks and digital audiobooks through cloudLibrary, RBdigital, and Libby. Need some how-to instructions? Check out our ebooks, eaudio and emagazines page.
- Download digital magazines through RBdigital.
- Watch and read along with video storybooks paired with nonfiction ebooks through BookFlix.
- Access online tutoring with Homework HelpNow.
- Practice language skills with Transparent Language.
- Check out this list of librarian compiled free activities to do from home!
- Hone career skills, prep for tests and much more!
Are you missing library programs? Check out our event calendar and join us online for virtual programming!
COVID-19 Resources You Can Access From Home
For information about food assistance, financial assistance, healthcare assistance, childcare resources, wifi locations, and oither services available during COVID-19, please see our COVID-19 resources list. If there is a question not answered on this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will try to research this for you.