To access loans from across Minnesota, visit MnLINK .
Requirements and Limits
- A valid Stillwater Public, or Washington County Library library card barcode is required.
- Items owned by the Washington County public libraries cannot be requested.
- Requested items with a copyright date within the last 12 months are unlikely to be honored.
- MnLINK requests are limited to a maximum of 10 pending requests.
- Some audiovisual formats and rare materials may be restricted from interlibrary loan by owning libraries.
Delivery Time / Loan Periods / Renewals
Some interlibrary loan requests may not be granted. If granted, interlibrary loans are for a one-time check-out. Renewals are not permitted under MnLINK policies.
Most requests will require a minimum of one week for receipt.
Loan periods are determined by the owning library. A standard loan is 3 weeks.
Notification and Pick Up
Items on hold stay on the “Holds Pick Up” shelves next to the Checkout Desk. Holds are arranged alphabetically by the first three letters of the person’s last name. Keep the library up-to-date with your correct e-mail address to ensure receipt.
Return interlibrary loan items by their due date to any public library within Washington Couny. Do not return items directly to the lending library. Make sure that routing labels and other paperwork remain in tact with the item. Borrowers are responsible for returning materials in good condition. Borrowers will be charged for damaged or lost interlibrary loan items.