Saturday, March 30 at 2:00 PM – Movement 1: Landscape
Thursday, April 4 at 6:30 PM – Movement 2: Coachman & Horse
Thursday, April 11 at 6:30 PM – Movement 3: Moon & I
Thursday, April 18 at 6:30 PM – Movement 4: Wild Night
Each session will stand alone as a complete experience — or try them all! At each hour-long event, audiences will explore one of the four movements of From the Monkey Mountains by Czech composer Pavel Haas.
- Learn about the dramatic life of this 20th century composer through Z Puppets’ toy theater presentation, from Haas’ early inspiration to the composer’s tragic death in the Holocaust.
- Get tips from The Bakken Trio on key details to listen for in the music.
- Hear The Bakken Trio’s live performance of a movement of From the Monkey Mountains.
- Respond to the music through Z Puppets’ guided drawing activity.
- Share discoveries in a group discussion.
The program is free, but space is limited. The program is designed for ages 12-adult. Youth ages 8-12 should be accompanied by an adult. A separate registration is required for each person attending. Complete the registration here.
This activity is funded, in part, by the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council through an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.