Announcing WINTER READS 2018
Winter goes a whole lot faster with a good book – or several! Your more than 100 branch libraries in the 7-county metro are proud to offer the Winter Reads adult reading program during the months of January and February 2018.
In our Stillwater Library we are expanding our programing to focus special attention on the theme of Peace. Please visit us between January 8th and February 6th to interact with John Noltner’s Peace of My Mind exhibit. (https://apomm.net/) Through John’s lens you will find yourself in deep conversation with your fellow Minnesotans of all shapes and sizes.
We also will offer you:
1. A Peace Crane making station.
2. An interactive writing station with guided questions about Peace – inner and outer!
3. Several book lists suggesting peaceful, thoughtful and questioning books.
4. Two “Late Night in the Library” Peace Party nights when the library will be open until 9 for exhibit conversation and viewing (Jan. 17 and Jan. 24)
When it comes to winter reading, with thousands of books on the shelves and tens of thousands of titles in our eBook and downloadable audio book collections, we’ve got you covered! When your thoughtful quiet mind kicks in, visit our Peace filled building and consider the resolves of a new year!
Still other ways to celebrate winter reading:
• Rate and review what you’re reading on our library website.
• Share what you’re reading on social media using #WinterReads ???
• Attend author talks. (See the full metrowide calendar at melsa.org/WinterReads.) We are hosting John Noltner on February 6th from 6:30-8.